WELCOME!!!

WELCOME!!!
On May 14th, 2007 we joined Team in Training and became part of our first ever marathon adventure. A marathon dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. Signing up for a 26mile race was a very scary experience to say the least!!! To be honest, we can both find ourselves out of breath running up the basement stairs, LOL!!! When we found out about TNT we felt it was a great way to get in shape while supporting a well deserved cause. The following blogs are journal entries of what the process was really like for us. From first day training, till race day, we'll be keeping a log of our efforts, set-backs and triumphs. We'll also keep you posted on our fundraising achievements. Check back from time to time to see how we're doing. We'll need encouragement and support during this process, but not as much as those battling cancer!

A Week in Review!!! 9-24-07 through 10-02-07

The past week has been pretty hard. I had a major problem with my hip and back, finding it very difficult to stand upright or bend. Not sure from what???? I had taken a few days off from running and woke up in major pain. Needless to say, it took a few more days to get myself back on track.

Unfortunately we missed our 20 mile run with our team. We were pretty upset about that considering it was prepared like an actual marathon with fueling stations and time keepers. We've been running quite a bit this week and plan to replace the upcoming 16mile run with the 20.

This week I was finding it difficult to get my miles, so on Tuesday i set out for an 8 mile run at 11:45PM. Was pretty peaceful! I didn't have to worry about intersections or the heat. Finished at 1:00AM, showered and went straight to bed. Not the best idea, I usually ice or stretch out so I woke up a little tight.

Tuesday night I went out for a quick 6 mile run and completed it with a 9min./3sec. pace. Felt great with no aches or pains (and thankfully my back and hip are back to normal). Well maybe it was the Guinness!

No comments: