WELCOME!!!

WELCOME!!!
On May 14th, 2007 we joined Team in Training and became part of our first ever marathon adventure. A marathon dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. Signing up for a 26mile race was a very scary experience to say the least!!! To be honest, we can both find ourselves out of breath running up the basement stairs, LOL!!! When we found out about TNT we felt it was a great way to get in shape while supporting a well deserved cause. The following blogs are journal entries of what the process was really like for us. From first day training, till race day, we'll be keeping a log of our efforts, set-backs and triumphs. We'll also keep you posted on our fundraising achievements. Check back from time to time to see how we're doing. We'll need encouragement and support during this process, but not as much as those battling cancer!

ICE BATH!!!!! 9-9-07


OK, the day after the 16 mile run is proving to be quite painful. I knew I had to get up somewhat early and get a quick run in today. We were scheduled to do 4 miles. I took my time and completed it in 37min. Just wanted to stretch out. Considering I was in pain from hips to toes I decided to take the infamous "ICE BATH" some of our teammates have been talking about. They are supposed to do wonders, I'm here to tell you they did nothing more than bring about a few choice words!!!
Kelly had a day off from running today.

1 comment:

Mama Smurf said...

LMAO!!! I think you're suppose to do it immediately after your long run. I think if you wait until you're already sore then it's too late. I think. But then I've never tried it and I'll probably never be brave enough to.