WELCOME!!!

WELCOME!!!
On May 14th, 2007 we joined Team in Training and became part of our first ever marathon adventure. A marathon dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. Signing up for a 26mile race was a very scary experience to say the least!!! To be honest, we can both find ourselves out of breath running up the basement stairs, LOL!!! When we found out about TNT we felt it was a great way to get in shape while supporting a well deserved cause. The following blogs are journal entries of what the process was really like for us. From first day training, till race day, we'll be keeping a log of our efforts, set-backs and triumphs. We'll also keep you posted on our fundraising achievements. Check back from time to time to see how we're doing. We'll need encouragement and support during this process, but not as much as those battling cancer!

16 MILES!!!!! Sept. 8th


We did it!!!!! Not sure how, but Kelly and I both completed our Saturday 16 mile run. We wanted to get an early start so we didn't have to deal with the heat and humidity. We left for Stoney Creek at 6AM and started our run at 6:30AM. The picture added to this Blog says it all... the moon and stars were our only guiding lights (almost ran into the lake). We thought we'd be the only psychos out there running that early, but it turned out to be pretty busy. My goal today was to complete the run without stopping. Mission accomplished...I kept my iPod on shuffle and a bottle of Gatorade in my hand. Mile 14 I started to feel some serious pain in my knees. I worked through it and finally approached my final mile. A buddy of mine was entering mile 10 at the same time. The taunts were expected as he passed me (something about catching the rabbit). Something within me couldn't let him speed ahead. We were both in a sprint by the end of the run. I finished the final mile in under 8min., but I think I lost a lung in the process. Thanks DAN for the extra push.....and the turtle DID catch and pass the rabbit!!!

Final stats: start 6:32AM end 9:05AM......9.5min. pace

Kelly is right back on track. She completed all 16miles with some walk breaks in the middle and at the end. Thankfully her leg and ankle were feeling good after the run...well as good as they could be!!!

2 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

Where's the picture??!! Awesome job guys!

Kelly Hooton said...

Way to go you guys!!! How fun was that?!!!