WELCOME!!!

WELCOME!!!
On May 14th, 2007 we joined Team in Training and became part of our first ever marathon adventure. A marathon dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. Signing up for a 26mile race was a very scary experience to say the least!!! To be honest, we can both find ourselves out of breath running up the basement stairs, LOL!!! When we found out about TNT we felt it was a great way to get in shape while supporting a well deserved cause. The following blogs are journal entries of what the process was really like for us. From first day training, till race day, we'll be keeping a log of our efforts, set-backs and triumphs. We'll also keep you posted on our fundraising achievements. Check back from time to time to see how we're doing. We'll need encouragement and support during this process, but not as much as those battling cancer!

June 19th - Early Run

Left the house early this morning for a 5 mile run. Felt really good - quick pace, no discomfort, had a lot of energy. I find it much easier to run first thing in the morning instead of later in the evening after a full day of activities. I completed the run in about 43min. It was raining, which I love, but today was quite humid. Glad I didn't wait till the afternoon when the temp increased! A quote was sent to me from one of our trainers. I've copied it below. It's from an 89 year old lady battling cancer. Made me think twice about the meaningful and meaningless things in my life. Enjoy!!!

“If I had my life to live over again, I’d try to make more mistakes next time. I would relax. I’d be sillier than I have been on this trip. I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers and watch more sunsets. I would have more actual troubles and less imaginary ones. Oh, I’ve had my moments, and If I had to do it over again, I’d have more of them. In fact, I’d try to have nothing else, just moments, one after another… I would pick more daisies.” - Nadine Stair (at age 89)

- Randy

1 comment:

opalewski said...

Kelly and Randy....I applaud you for signing up for this marathon, you are much braver than I!!! What a fantastic cause you are running for, I wish you both all the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers while you train for this, it won't be easy, but definitely worth it!!!
love, Jennifer (Nykerk)