WELCOME!!!

WELCOME!!!
On May 14th, 2007 we joined Team in Training and became part of our first ever marathon adventure. A marathon dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. Signing up for a 26mile race was a very scary experience to say the least!!! To be honest, we can both find ourselves out of breath running up the basement stairs, LOL!!! When we found out about TNT we felt it was a great way to get in shape while supporting a well deserved cause. The following blogs are journal entries of what the process was really like for us. From first day training, till race day, we'll be keeping a log of our efforts, set-backs and triumphs. We'll also keep you posted on our fundraising achievements. Check back from time to time to see how we're doing. We'll need encouragement and support during this process, but not as much as those battling cancer!

June 30 - 10miles


Today our group met for a 10 mile run at Stoney Creek. I've teamed up with a couple people that really push me to the limit. Finished in 1hr/30min - finished strong. As always the first couple miles are the hardest and then I start to fall into a groove. I'm learning some life lessons as I go through this process - STAY POSITIVE! Bad days, like yesterday, should never get me down. Dwelling on it can only set me back. Yesterdays frustration turned into today's triumph. I shed the iPod today and talked with some friends the entire run. Made the 10 miles go by MUCH quicker.
Notice Kelly's shoes are off in the pic. She rubbed the back of her foot raw! OUCH! "No pain, no gain," I guess.

- Randy

No comments: