WELCOME!!!

WELCOME!!!
On May 14th, 2007 we joined Team in Training and became part of our first ever marathon adventure. A marathon dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. Signing up for a 26mile race was a very scary experience to say the least!!! To be honest, we can both find ourselves out of breath running up the basement stairs, LOL!!! When we found out about TNT we felt it was a great way to get in shape while supporting a well deserved cause. The following blogs are journal entries of what the process was really like for us. From first day training, till race day, we'll be keeping a log of our efforts, set-backs and triumphs. We'll also keep you posted on our fundraising achievements. Check back from time to time to see how we're doing. We'll need encouragement and support during this process, but not as much as those battling cancer!

July 23rd - 31st: Where Does The Time Go???

Seems like the weeks are flying by really quick! I've been able to stay on schedule and meet the required miles. I'm averaging about 30 miles per week. The Saturday runs are the most difficult and require the most discipline. Kelly and I enjoy our Friday nights alone (many thanks to my mom & gram for watching them so often!!!). It can make for an interesting 10/12mile run early early Saturday morning when we stay out late on Friday. Wouldn't change it for the world though! I'm slowing my pace to endure longer runs now. I'm trying to keep a 9 to 9 1/2min. pace for the race. My goal is to finish the 26.2 miles in under 5 hours in October. I'm on pace now for just over 4 hours, but let's be real - I've only extended it to 12 miles max. Knees, ankles, calves all feel good, and the extra running is giving me a very good excuse to PIG OUT!!!!

- Randy

No comments: