WELCOME!!!

WELCOME!!!
On May 14th, 2007 we joined Team in Training and became part of our first ever marathon adventure. A marathon dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. Signing up for a 26mile race was a very scary experience to say the least!!! To be honest, we can both find ourselves out of breath running up the basement stairs, LOL!!! When we found out about TNT we felt it was a great way to get in shape while supporting a well deserved cause. The following blogs are journal entries of what the process was really like for us. From first day training, till race day, we'll be keeping a log of our efforts, set-backs and triumphs. We'll also keep you posted on our fundraising achievements. Check back from time to time to see how we're doing. We'll need encouragement and support during this process, but not as much as those battling cancer!

June 3rd - Wasted Day.........or was it?

This has been a really rough week for me to try to get in all my runs. On Thursday I was dressed and ready to run after I dropped Ally off at school. What do ya know.......she ended up with the stomach flu. Kids are so funny, they sure bounce back quickly. I did end up running late that night after both kids finally got to bed. Randy and I took turns. Running at night is peaceful, maybe a little dangerous, but hey, oh well.......try and catch me. LOL. So as Randy stated in his previous post, we really enjoyed our Friday off. We enjoyed a nice dinner and a movie night. Then Bam!!!!!! Guess who gets the stomach flu........me. I always seem to escape any of the bugs the kids try and pass on, but not this time. We missed our weekly Saturday Team in Training run at Stoney Creek, which I am very sad about. It feels so wonderful to train with other people. It motivates you, keeps you moving, especially when people are passing you. As I lay around the house today feeling yucky, and missing the team run, I couldn't help but think how tomorrow will be another day for me. I (hopefully) will wake up feeling much better, able to get in a run. Most importantly it made me realize how my one day struggle with the flu is so completely minuscule compared to what our honorary hero's faced in the past and and today, the present. It will help me get out of bed tomorrow morning with a smile on my face and keep running!!!!!

~Kelly~

Not feeling as bad as Kelly, but not up to a run. We're both giving our bodies a day to re-coop!

- Randy

No comments: